This Gurudwara is situated at village Hakimpur of tehsil Banga district Nawanshahr
which is at 5 Km south from Bahiram railway Station and two yards towards east from
village Hakimpur. Guru Hari Rai Sahib ji rested here for few days while he was going
from Kartarpur to Kiratpur Sahib. Peepal and Neem trees where Guru ji’s horses were
knotted, exists presently. "Mahan Kosh", written by Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha at page
692 states "Beautiful Gurudwara has been built. This Gurudwara was build by Maharaja
Ranjit Singh also know as the "Lion of Punjab". A Sikh is a priest. There is a beautiful
pond at the eastern part of Gurudwara." Which has now been disposed off and new pond
has been build at the western part of Gurudwara. Gurudwara has neither any property
nor any wealth to his name. This has also been said that Shri Guru Nanak Dev ji came
at this place.
The book "Yatra Asthan, Parampara Te Yaad Chinh" written by Famous laureate Dr. Fauja
Singh ji states that Shri. Guru Nanak Dev Ji rested here for three days.Guru. Hari
Rai Ji, Guru Teg Bahadur Ji often came at this place from village Chak Guru. The
last doings of wife of Baba Banda Bahadur has been done at this noble place. There
has been a mausoleum for her remembrance. But because of the construction of the
new building of the Gurudwara, that mausoleum has been disposed off. Birth of the
elder son of Guru Hari Rai ji has taken place at this Gurudwara Sahib.
Gurudwara Charan Kanwal (Jeendowali) Gurudwara Charan Kanwal was made by Maharaja
Ranjit Singh in the memory of sixth Guru Hargobind Singh Ji. After his last battle
in which Guru Ji killed Pende Khan, Guru Ji came here and gave the blessing of milk
to a zamindaar, Jeeva. The village was named after him as Jeendowal. There is a big
pool in front of the Gurudwara which was built by the daughter of Sardar Dhanna Singh
and the building of langar was made by Bhai Seva Singh. The management of the Gurudwara
is in the hands of SGPC.
Gurudwara Gurpalah (Sotran) According to the Mahan Kosh’s Page No. 418, 6th Sikh Guru
stayed here for some days. A fair is held here in the month of July every year. After
his last battle Guru Ji came here when he was going towards Kiratpur Sahib. The well
from where Guru Ji drank water is still here.
One kilometer towards the west there is a village of Thana Behram named Chak Guru
and Gurudwara Gurpartap is situated here. Guru Teg Bhadur is said to have visited
this place and seeing the shortage of drinking water he got a well dug here. Maharaja
Ranjit Singh gave the land of the village to this Gurudwara.
Gurudwara Har Rai Danda Sahib Sandhwaan Farala It is said that Guru Har Rai Stayed
here for few days when he was going towards Kiratpur Sahib in 1713.
Gurudwara Shahidaan Urapar
In 1711 a battle was fought by Banda Bahadur at Rahon and the sikh soldiers who got
martyrdom were cremated here.
Gurudwara Shahidganj Talwandi Jattan
At this place in 1767 a battle was fought by Godria Singh, Lodria Singh and Roop
Kaur against subedar Shamas Khan. He had abducted a girl from BEhram. The sikh soldiers
who got martyrdom were cremated here.
Gurudwara Tahli Sahib Nawanshahr This Gurudwara is situated at a distance of furlong
from Gharhshankar road in Nawanshahr. This Gurudwara is made in the memory of Baba
Shri Chand, the elder son of Shri Guru Nanak Dev ji. It is said that Baba Shri Chand
stayed here for 40 days and meditated here. Every year the birthday of Baba Shri
Chand is celebrated with great enthusiasm.
Gurudwara Manji Sahib Nawanshahr Guru Teg Bhadur Ji stayed here while going towards
Kiratpur Sahib. Mata Gujri, Balaki Rai, Bhai Mati Das were also with him.
Gurudwara Bhai Sikh Hiyala In village Hiyala situated in the lap of Nawanshahr there
is beautiful Gurudwara named "Baba Bhai Sikh". At this place a big fair is held very
year on and a day after Dussehra. According to a myth Baba Bhai Sikh was a native
of village Jhingran. Then he started living here. He used to graze cattle. Along
with his work he used to meditate and give spiritual discourse to the people. According
to him "To serve humanity is the greatest worship of God". The place where Gurudwara
is built used to be the residence of Baba Bhai Sikh.
Gurudwara Singh Sabha Nawanshahr
Gurudwara Singh Sabha was built in 1928. In 1914 railway station came into existence,
foodgrain market was established. Bhucher family made an inn here. But there was
no arrangement of the food for the passengers there. There was no Gurudwara in the
A committee was made to purchase the land for the Gurudwara. It had 25 members. This
committee bought the land and the construction of Gurudwara started . After Jaswant
Singh, Jagjit Singh Bajwa, Fauja Singh, Major Singh and Thakur Singh became the chairman
of this committee.
Some 23 years ago when people were satisfied with the working of the old committee.
A five member board was created. Its member include Joginder Singh, Mohinder Singh
Bajaj, Saroop Singh Urapar and Harcharan Singh Mahajan. This committee has done a
lot of work which is quite appreciable. More land was purchased a school was built,
Langar Khana, residential rooms, office and a hall of 3600 feet was built by the
Suraj Kund Rahon
In Rahon there is a old Sarovar (Pool) and a temple Suraj Kund. It is situated in
the south direction. According to a myth in all over India there are only two and
a half kunds, from which one is in Rahon, half in Haridwar and one in Nasik. All
these Kunds are related with Shri Ram Chander Ji.
Roza Sharif Mandali
At Mandali there is a Roza of Abdulla Shah Kadri, one of the eight sons of a muslim
Saint Gospaal. This roza was built by Baba Abdulla Shah Kadri when he was alive.
According to a myth the train did not use to stop in Kultham. With the miracle of
Baba Abdulla Shah Kadri the train started stopping here. That is why railway station
is named after him as "Baba Abdulla Shah Kadri Railway Station Kultham". After Baba
Abdulla Shah the roza was looked after by Fateh Shah, Baba Gulami Shah, Data Ali
Ahmed Sambha, Shah Kadri, Baba Nur Shah. Now a days it is looked after by Sai Bhajan
Shah Kadri. A fair is held every year in the month of June – July. All the famous
Quawwals and Ghazal artist think it must to come here on this fair.
Baba Balraj Temple Balachaur
In 16th century Baba Raj Dev, who was related with the king of Jaipur's family came
here and started meditating here. After his death his son got made a temple here
in his memory in 1596. In 1534 when Himayun and Sher Shah Suri were going to fight
Sher Shah Suri came here to seek Baba Raj Dev's blessing.
In village Dariapur near rahon , Kirpal Sagar is built as a sign of human unity.
At this place the worship place of four religions ( HINDU, MUSLIM, SIKH, CHRISTIAN)
are made at the four corners of an egg shaped pool. In between a pyramid, a common
symbol of four religions is under construction.
Shivala Banna Mall
This SHIVALA is as old as the history of Nawanshahr. It is situated next to the office
of Municipal Corporation Nawanshahr. This SHIVALA was made by the Chief Minister
of Maharaja Kapurthala, Banna Mall. He also made here a temple and a hospital.
At that time there were no trains and motor cars, people used to travel on foot or
on a bullock cart. Deewan Banna Mall used to come to Nawanshahr on an elephant that
is why the main gate of the hospital is so big. Free food was given to the people
coming to this hospital. Now a days this SHIVALA is looked after by a committee.
All the relatives of Banna Mall have gone from here.
Gurudwara of Shri Raja Sahib Nabh Kanwal is at (Nau-Abad) Majara Raja Sahib . Religious
places associated with it are also at village Jhingran and Rehpa. There are beautiful
building of Gurudwara in these villages.
Sanehi Temple Nawanshahr
The foundation of Sanehi Mandir was laid on 18 December 1869 by Pandit Nihal Chand
Gautam, Pandit Mool Raj Gautam, Pandit Shri Kant Gautam, Engineer and Pandit Indu
Dutt Gautam. This temple was made in six years. 18665 Rs. Were spent to built this
temple. This temple was inaugurated on 15 December 1865 under the observation of
Pandit Vishwanath, Deputy Commissioner Jalandhar and eleven pandits were invited
from Banaras for the religious ceremonies.
The idol of Mata Chintpoorni was brought from Jaipur. After seeing the delaying condition
of this 120 years old temple the committee named "Sanehi Sankirtan Mandal" was created
by some responsible people of the city and some social workers also included in it.
With the efforts of this committee the condition of the temple is improved. Now marriages
of poor girls are performed every year in this temple and dowry is also given to
them by the organizers of the committee.